Professor Dr Menaka Hariharan
MBBS (UM), MPathology(Haematology and Transfusion Medicine) UM, FRCPA (Australasia), AM, FAMM
- Former Head and Professor of Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya
- Trained in cryopreservation of bone marrow and peripheral blood stem cells at theFred Hutchinson Cancer Centre in Seattle, USA, which is a world pioneer centre in stem cell transplants and research.
- Was a member of the Pioneer Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) Unit in University of Malaya.
- Was responsible for the planning and organization of the new Haematology Unit for University Hospital as part of an expansion and relocation of the present Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory.
- Adjunct Professor at the prestigious John Aldwyn Gifted University, based in French Colony, Victoria, Mahe, Seychelles.
- Visiting Consultant Haematopathologist at Assunta Hospital, Quantum Diagnostics Laboratory.
- Has been in stem cell field and research for more than 30 years.